The F9 crate rearend for the 2007 and up Toyota FJ Cruiser is a stylish and reliable replacement for the failure prone stock rearend. Designed specifically for the FJ Cruiser, the F9 rearend features a strong fabricated housing with heavy duty suspension brackets mounted in the stock locations, new urethane coil spring isolators, custom housing ends that accept stock style axle bearings, retains the factory wheel bolt pattern and reuses the stock FJ brakes assemblies.
Built to the legendary Currie Standard with features that include:
- Heavy Duty Currie F9 fabricated 9-inch housing with custom housing ends that accept stock style axle bearings
- Nodular iron "Race" gear case setup for 35-spline axles with choice of gear ratio and differential
- Large 3-inch diameter .250 thick axle tubes deliver superior strength without sacrificing ground clearance or being overweight
- Currie Performance 35-spline 4340 chrome moly semi-floating axles with stock FJ 6 lug wheel bolt pattern and disk brake register diameter
- Built to OE specification to match factory FJ Cruiser suspension fitment and overall width.
Looking for something different? Click on Live Chat or call (714) 528-6957 to speak with an expert to build the custom solution that meets your needs
Lubrication Requirements - 9-inch rearends use a high-offset hypoid gear design that requires a sever duty gear oil with API GL-6 rating. Use of oil not meeting the GL-6 rating will damage the gears and bearings and void the Currie Warranty
Assembly Required - Axle bearing are shipped separately (not pressed on the axle) so that the factory emergency brake components can be installed. The stock axles will need to have the bearings pressed off to recover the factory brake components, then the components can be placed on the new axle, and the new bearings can be pressed on. A local off-road shop, Toyota dealer or machine shop can perform the work.
Gear Ratio - 4 WD applications require front and rear gear ratios to match, so verify your factory ratio before ordering
Drive Shaft - The stock drive shaft will require modification for length and u-joint size
Sway Bar - The factory rear sway bar cannot be used, with the RockJock 60
Axle Width - The RockJock 60 matches the stock FJ axle width of 66 inches
Bolt Pattern - Stock FJ Cruiser wheel bolt pattern 6 on 5.5" (139.7 mm) with 12 mm studs