Currie crate rearends for the 1971 thru 1973 Mustangs, are complete direct bolt in assemblies offered with your choice of popular differential types, gear ratios and brake options, making it easy to customize the package to meet almost any need. Currie crate rearends are built to match the vehicles stock axle width, pinion offset, suspension mounting locations and wheel bolt pattern for a straight forward, hassle free installation.
Built to the legendary Currie Standard with features that include:
- Currie Centurion 9-inch notchback heavy duty housing with billet Torino style large axle bearing ends
- Currie Performance 31-spline 1541 alloy axles, with factory bolt pattern and stud size
- Built to OE specification to match factory Mustang suspension fitment and overall width.
- Heavy duty 2 1/4” wide leaf spring pads are installed in the stock location for an easy bolt in installation
- Currie Heavy duty (1/4” thick) bearing retainer plates for superior strength
- Currie Sportsman nodular iron center section with iron big bearing pinion support
- Choice of popular differential types and gear ratios
- Disk and drum brake kits to match performance requirements
Looking for something different? Click on Live Chat or call (714) 528-6957 to speak with an expert to build a custom solution that meets your needs
Lubrication Requirements - 9-inch rearends use a high-offset hypoid gear design that requires a sever duty gear oil with API GL-6 rating. Use of oil not meeting the GL-6 rating will damage the gears and bearings and void the Currie Warranty.
Aftermarket Brakes - Currie crate rearends conform to the ABCS (Aftermarket Brake Configuration Standard). This allows brake kits that use this standard, to easily be changed or upgraded without having to modify the housing or axles. ABCS brakes use a 2.5” brake space with late-model big bearing Ford housing ends, and a 2.80 center hole in the drum or rotor.
Wheel Studs - Currie crate rearends use a standardized-shank Currie Enterprises wheel studs that allow the following wheel studs to be interchangeable in the axles, without drilling: 12mm, 7/16, ½, and ½-3” competition