The Currie 60 high pinion rear axle for the Toyota FJ Cruiser is built to the legendary Currie Standard with a long list of features that make it the clear choice for serious off-road adventure. Designed as a bullet-proof replacement the stock FJ rearend, the Currie 60 features: a stout radius bottom center section with thicker walls and webbing in critical areas, large diameter axle tubes that provide strength without being overweight and strong Currie Performance 35-spline chromoly axles. And it’s as cost–effective as it is strong, reusing the existing wheels, brake rotors, calipers, and caliper mounting brackets - so you’re not buying unnecessary parts.
FJ-RJIIIR, 60-0100RJR, 60-0112
The Currie® 60 rear axle for the 2007 and up Toyota FJ Cruiser is a bullet-proof replacement for the failure prone stock unit. Designed specifically for the FJ Cruiser, the Currie 60 rearend features a high pinion radius bottom housing with heavy duty suspension brackets mounted in the stock locations, new urethane coil spring isolators, custom housing ends that accept stock style axle bearings, retains the factory wheel bolt pattern and reuses the stock FJ brakes assemblies. Requires the stock drive shaft modification and does not reuse the factory sway bar.
Built to the legendary Currie Standard with exclusive features including:
- Currie high-pinion, radius bottom center section greatly improves obstacle slide-over by presenting a smooth curve rather than the sharp edge found on other 60 housings
- Highest measured ground clearance of any 60 on the market (and that’s including the integrated skid plate), guess the other guys can’t read a tape measure
- Integrated AR400 hardened steel skid plate resists deformation and gouging to slide over obstacles far better than iron housings or mild steel plates
- Large diameter pinion bearings to handle the increased load of reverse geometry gears
- High volume flow-thru recirculating oil system keeps pinion bearings bathed in cool oil, reducing operating temperatures and eliminating oil starvation issues
- Large 3-inch diameter .375 thick axle tubes deliver superior strength without sacrificing ground clearance or being overweight
- Currie Performance 35-spline 4340 chrome moly semi-floating axles with stock FJ 6 lug wheel bolt pattern and disk brake register diameter
Looking for something different? Click on Live Chat or call (714) 528-6957 to speak with an expert to build the custom solution that meets your needs
Assembly Required - Axle bearing are shipped separately (not pressed on the axle) so that the factory brake components can be installed. The old stock axles will need to have the bearings pressed off to recover the factory brake components, then the factory components can be placed on the new axle and the new bearings can be pressed on. A local off-road shop, Toyota dealer or machine shop can perform the work.
Gear Ratio - 4 WD applications require front and rear gear ratios to match, so check your factory ratio before ordering
Drive Shaft - The stock drive shaft will require modification for length and u-joint size.
Sway Bar - The factory rear sway bar cannot be used, with the Currie 60
Axle Width - The Currie 60 matches the stock axle width of 66 inches
Bolt Pattern - Stock FJ Cruiser wheel bolt pattern 6 on 5.5" (139.7 mm) with 12 mm studs