Oil service kit for Ford 9-inch rearends includes 3 liters of Currie 85w-140 Racing Gear Oil, third member gasket and 10 nyloc nuts and aluminum crush washers
This kit is designed for 9-inch rearends that do not have a drain plug and require the third member be removed to service the oil.
- (3) 1 liter (1.06 quart) bottles of Currie 85-140 weight GL-6 Racing Gear Oil
- 9-inch third member gasket
- Set of 10 nylock nuts and aluminum crush washers.
Currie Racing Gear Oil Features & Benefits
- Premium petroleum-based racing-grade formula
- Excellent thermal and shear stability
- High shock load and extreme pressure chemistry
- Extends life of all drive components
- Meets or exceeds: API GL-6
9-Inch API GL-6 Requirement
Due to the high-offset hypoid design (very high shear) of the 9-inch ring and pinion gears, a severe duty petroleum-based gear oil with API GL-6 specification is mandatory. The use of synthetic or GL-5 specification gear oils will result in premature wear of the gears and excess heat buildup that will damage internal components, voiding the Currie Warranty.
The following are estimations of oil capacities for your new 9-inch and Currie® axle assemblies. Extreme pinion angles, as well as aftermarket components (such as diff covers), may drastically change the unit’s capacity.
Currie 9-inch ....................................2.84 liters / 3 qts.
Currie F9 3 or 3.25 in. tube.................3.79 litres / 4 qts.
Currie F9 3.5, 4 or 4.5 in. tube............4.73 liters / 5 qts.
If you have a clutch-type limited-slip differential, a friction modifier additive must be used in addition to this oil.
ALTERNATIVE GEAR OILS THAT ARE PROVEN TO WORK IN 9-INCH REARENDS
Torco - RGO 85w-140
SWEPCO - 203 MolyXP Gear Lube 250w (Racing or extreme application)